Thursday, January 19, 2017

Tomorrow I go for another test to be ran on my blood.  My doctor had submitted for authorization several tests and my insurance company had not approved all of them when I was in to see her on the 5th.  I got a call last Thursday, the 12th, that they had gotten an approval for another test but that it had to be done by March 1st.  I just have to go to the lab and have blood drawn and then I can leave.

I talked with my son tonight and realized that he has been worried about me since he heard I had CLL.  He said he doesn’t understand why they don’t treat my disease.  He said he was depressed when he found out about me having leukemia.  I explained to him that they don’t treat it as long as my blood counts are normal and I don’t have any symptoms--that early treatment doesn’t really help and that the doctor doesn’t want me to become immune to a drug that they might need to treat me later. I also told him that my doctor was closely monitoring me and that she is a good doctor--the vice president of oncology at Mercy hospital and that she is an oncologist/hematologist.  I tried to make him feel better and told him that I feel fine and that I don’t really think about it.  I told him that it isn’t life threatening and that I am trusting God to take care of me.  My numbers for my lymphocyte absolute have come down from December and that they may continue to come down and that God may heal me of this disease.  I hope that he feels better after our conversation--I don’t want him to worry about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment