Saturday, January 7, 2017

Not much to write.  I had my visit to my oncologist on the 5th to discuss the results from my CT scan and blood work.  Everything is still about the same-- no symptoms of the disease.  She told me to come back in 10 weeks for my next appointment and lab work.  I did have blood drawn this time--she wanted to do more testing but could not get the insurance to approve all the tests she wanted so is running the ones they authorized.  Her plan is to request the additional test after these showing a need for further tests.  Hopefully the insurance company will authorize those tests as well, or I could pay for those out of pocket.  She said that we will proceed as normal even if they don’t authorize the tests-the tests would give her more information as to how the disease could be expected to progress.  I am praying that God will either heal me of this disease if it is His will, or that He will keep the disease from progressing to where I will need treatment.  I know it is all in God’s hands and just have to trust Him to take care of me.

My parents went with me to the doctor this time.  My daughter had an appointment with her doctor and my husband could not get off work to take me.  It was good that my parents were able to take me and sit in to hear what the doctor had to say.  They were able to ask questions which hopefully helped to set their minds at ease.

I know that I have alot of people praying for me--people I don't even know and I am very grateful for all their prayers.  I really don't know how people survive the different things we all must face in life without the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment